- 2 - 4 Grouper Filets
- Mozzarella (whole)
- Mozzarella (shredded)
- 2-4 Eggs
- Bread Crumbs w/ Italian seasoning (or plain)
- Grape tomatoes
- Dried basil (seasoning)
- 3tbs Olive Oil
- 1tbs Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon (optional)
How to make!
- Pre-heat oven to 370F.
- Prepare 3 bowls with one each of the following. Eggs (beaten), flour, bread crumbs.
- Heat up a sauté pan on med heat.
- Add oil to coat half the pan and add butter. (make sure the pan is at least warm before adding)
- When the pan is hot add the filets and brown. (2-4 mins max) We just want that golden brown color.
- Once they're golden brown, remove and place on baking sheet.
- Slice mozzarella and put on top of filets.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 8 mins.
- While that's baking, slice tomato's in half and toss in salt, pepper, and basil to lightly coat.
- After 8 mins, open oven top with tomato and shredded mozzarella.
- Let is bake for another 4 - 6 mins (depending on the thickness).
- Set oven to broil, move to top rack and brown the cheese.
- Remove from oven and prepare to serve.
- Once plated squeeze lemon on the outside around the fish but not on top of the mozzarella. (adds a really nice zest to the fish) *optional
**As always the thickness of your filets will determine the overall cook time. Always cook your food to a safe temperature. There's nothing wrong with using a thermometer the first go round to ensure a safe food temperature for consumption.**