Fish Tacos (Trigger Fish)
- Trigger Fish Filet
- 3 cups of Flour
- 6 packets Sazon Goya seasoning
- Vegetable Oil (or your fav frying oil)
Homemade Corn Tacos
- 2 cups Corn Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Combine corn flour, salt, and warm water.
- Mix well and form into a ball.
- Wrap with plastic and let it rest for at least 15 mins.
- Start with about half of a golf ball size of dough.
- Press with a taco press or, cut a zip-lock in half and place the ball of dough inside and press down with the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Press all of the dough into tacos to your preferred size and thickness.
- Warm up a skillet on med-high heat.
- Make sure there is a small amount of oil on the bottom of the skillet. I use a paper towel and just brush it all over carefully. (lightly)
- Add tacos (as many as you can fit in your skillet as long as they are all flat). Once in the pan flip after 10 seconds and then cook until they get some color. Make one or two and find the balance that works for you! This is a preference thing.
- Remove and place in a taco container or just loosely cover with paper towels and foil.
How to make the Trigger
- Cut up Trigger into taco length strips. (about 3-4 inches long)
- Mix together 3 cups of flour and 6 packets of Sazon.
- Toss fish straight into the mix. Coat evenly.
- Add to fryer (or stove top fryer) on 360F for 1-3 mins depending on preference and fryer design. (Lightly fry, but make sure its cooked)
- Assemble Taco - Fish, Avocado, Cheese.. or feel free to mix it up! Put your fav toppings on!
- Most importantly.... enjoy!
**As always the thickness of your filets will determine the overall cook time. Always cook your food to a safe temperature. There's nothing wrong with using a thermometer the first go round to ensure a safe food temperature for consumption.**